As part of the 2011-13 project, Carers Trust has drawn together a collection of case studies showcasing a diverse range of new, innovative and established practice that is taking place across the UK to support young carers and their families.
Aimed at commissioners and all those responsible for developing services for young carers and their families, these examples of practice have been chosen to inform and inspire the sector to continue to develop and deliver creative and effective services that bring
about positive outcomes locally.
A selection of these practice examples, as well as additional examples for adult carers, can be viewed on the Carers Trust website:
- Young carers strategic partnership board
- Whole-family support for young carers affected by parental mental ill health
- Supporting infant young carers (aged 5–8 years) in Lewisham
- Oxfordshire – Assessing the health needs of young carers
- Surrey – Supporting young adult carers into further learning and employment